[ 貢寮福隆 ] 河川漂流中. River Kayak in n.eastern Taiwan.


[繼續河川漂流]    River Kayak Cont’d.
We’re not exactly sure of the exact occassion but we had a TV group that was following us and doing filming and interviewing on our activity. They kind of acted as a cheering group along with our GCAA (Gren Citizens Action Alliance; 綠色公民行動聯盟) organizers wherever we see a bridge above us! Then we…

kept on moving downstream.


Our trainer/coach is such a busy person! He has to talk on the phone to coordinate while kayaking with us down the river.


[ 斷層! 非終點線 ] This is NOT the finish line. We arrived at a river dam and had to get off and drag our kayak over the dam so we could continue kayaking downstream. The depth of the water is…not that deep generally but it just doesn’t really feel good to be in a river that you’re not too familiar with. For one thing, you’re never quite certain what’s down there!

We had to get off our kayak and pull it down at the river dam. It was then we realized our kayak was pretty heavy!


Our pretty kayak!


They say, there’s 98% chance that you’ll NOT fall off the kayak. But there’s always that 2% possibility.


The kayak that flipped and drank a ton of water.


The train track where our train was on earlier in the morning.


If you’ve never seen this side of Taiwan, you’ve probably thought this was Canada!

More photos on MY FLICKR:  http://flickr.com/photos/perladipace/sets/72157607132699082/

Advertisements

Leave a Message

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s